Restoring default markings?

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

Restoring default markings?

Postby MOC on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:21 pm

It seems to me I have somehow killed my default markings...

I had the MAT Manager 2.33 and everything was fine.
Then I`ve noticed there are three new versions of this program so I uninstalled my 2.33 and deleted the CoopRegt folder (maybe that was the mistake...); I also cleared the cache folder.

Then I installed version 2.34, uninstalled it, installed 2.35, uninstalled it and, finally, I installed 2.36.

When you start the MAT Manager 2.36 you already see some changes of the default markings. I clicked the "Quit" button and it seemed to me there was NOTHING copied at all...
In the game nothing was changed.

I started all over again, installing, uninstalling and so on...

I started the QMB, choose the Bf109E4, it had the standard double chevron marking.
Then I chose the F4 and it had a "<|" marking! The G6 had a white "1"...i think that was what I had changed when I played the game last time...

I think I`ve destroyed all my markings and defaults... :(

I started the MAT Manager again, set everything I could back to "default" but then a message appeared "couldn`t find xxdefault"... :(

I there any chance to set all the game markings back to default or do I have to reinstall the whole game again? :(

Or: In which folder are the default markings?
...maybe it would be enough if I install 1946 onto another computer and then copy only the neccessary files back to my PC...?

Need help... :(

...and I promise, I`ll never touch a runing system again! ;)
MOC
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 pm

I sadly can't be of much help here, but I would have done the same thing you describe. 233 install uninstall, 234 install uninstall 235 install uninstall 236 instuninst - It's a big hassle to get some improved markings on planes and things can go wrong, besides that there are a huge number of files, and I think they are scattered amoung different directories in the game install :( although initially you can dump them to one dir.
Best thing is to wait for an expert user that had this particular problem and solved it, or for Aces - The answer would be interesting, but could be very long and complicated... In general I know the markings are assigned in groups of planes, and consist of MAT files. How to restore the originals when different versions of MM were installed is beyond me though. you're talking about literally thousands of files. An easy way would be to stop the default markings (markings off alltogether) and switch to some custom skins; that would not work for AI planes though.

You are right - If it's not broken, dont fix it (works for me most of the time)

What game and version number are you running? (start-up screen lower-left version # would do)
Installing to another computer would only complicate things. Do you have a directory-compare utility like e.g. the free v1.52 "Servant Salamander"?
- that could be usefull here I think. here's a link A simular utility (also free) is Necromancer's Dos Navigator it can be found here

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MOC on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:50 pm

Thanks for your try to help me, MaXMhZ... :)

I`ve installed 1946 on another PC, copied the whole installation over my old installation, updated it again to the actual 4.071m version and everything was fine...

It was not an elegant solution, but it worked... ;)
MOC
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:16 pm

Good you got it solved MOC - that's what counts afterall;
Thanks for the feedback.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to MAT Manager