Newbie Question . . and problem

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

Newbie Question . . and problem

Postby Kamikaze1111 on Fri May 04, 2007 6:19 pm

HELP. I just cant get this program to run without errors. It is failing to find graphic files and I cant find anyway around this. I saw the problem I'm having listed in the FAQ . . but the solution was to run the newer version. Great. I'm running 2.34 with 1946. The problem seems to be the program trying to get files our of the COOPREGT folder. All the subfolders here seem to only have shortcuts in them. My ACCESS program is trying to open them (fun fun).

Oh well . . that can be changed. The point is that IL2MAT isnt seeing anything in these folders.

Any ideas?
Kamikaze
Kamikaze1111
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Kamikaze1111 on Fri May 04, 2007 9:05 pm

I have an idea of what my problem is. In once AGAIN reinstalling 2.33 (before 2.36) I was paying attention to the files going to the COOPREGT folder. Many of the TGAs are being skipped. So I manually opened the EXE and navigated to that location and into one of the folders and tried to copy a MAT file to a temp location. ALOT of files are being skipped by my version of RAR.

Hmmmmm

I'm using version 3.0, maybe its too old. Looking for an updated version now. I "should" be able to at least extract a single file OK.

Theorhetically!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze1111
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Kamikaze1111 on Fri May 04, 2007 10:08 pm

Seems to be fixed now. Updated my RAR to latest version.

And then re-extracted the CCOPREGT and PAINT folders from the 2.33 version first . . then reinstalled the 2.36 version.

I then individually selected the HL location, TrackIR location, UBI location, and FB location exiting the program each time. I'm wondering if something didnt take when I tried to update these settings all at once. I did the TrackIR and FB locations and exited and it did not keep the FB location. Thats when I decided to do each individually.

I can now select the individual years at the top and exit the program and the update bar will successfully finish. No lockups or other problems. yeah!

FYI
Kamikaze
Kamikaze1111
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to MAT Manager