Ace please read and help me fix this

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

Ace please read and help me fix this

Postby Fubar2Niner on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Ace.
I'm really flumoxed here, tried the attrib -r trick but Cache still remains read only ????? I even tried deleting the Cache dir and creating a new but still a no go. On the good side it did fix regiments dir tho..... go figure ?
Any clues as to why it works for one dir and not the other, Cache dir is empty, perhaps ?
Any and all help much appreciated.

Best regards.
Fubar2Niner

*EDIT*

Seems regiments didn't change either :( altho now I put a test.txt file into cache at least it gives the change all files folders etc. to undo read only. Still no go tho........ :cry:
Fubar2Niner
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Ace please read and help me fix this

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi fubar2Niner, welcome to Airwarfare!

I don't think Aces supports MAT Manager anymore, but I think your problem is caused not by MAT Manager but by your Operating system.
Are you running XP or Vista?
For XP check here on how to take posession of your files and folders.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Re: Ace please read and help me fix this

Postby Fubar2Niner on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:52 am

Hi Max

Thanks for the swift reply, all is well now. When the attrib -r trick is used dirs\files still show read only. I have since learned this is not the case for some wierd reason xp just shows it that way. I am now enjoying MAT Manager in all its glory. Just trying to learn my way round the interface, on a side note a manual/readme would have been nice :wink: Rather sad news that Aces no longer supports this fine piece of work, I guess that means no future updates :(

Thanks for your help and the warm welcome to Airwarfare, I shall not be a stranger :D

Best regards
fubar2niner
Fubar2Niner
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to MAT Manager