Cant get 2.36 to run

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

Cant get 2.36 to run

Postby Von_G on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Greetings!
I downloaded the program and installed it (I am running 1946 2.08m with sound mod v.92)
Copied my IL2FB.exe and renamed it IL2.exe in the root directory of the game (which is on my D:\ drive)
I added "clearcache=0" to my conf.ini and made sure that both the "cache" and "netcache" folders were not checked as read only.
I started the progam and was asked to direct it to my IL2 directory which I did.
I set the tab at the top to Russia 1941, clicked the save button then hit launch.
I saw a very quick saving bar and then 1946 started up.
I went to the quick mission and selected a few planes with markings on but notice no difference at all from the stock.

I have repeated the above at least a half a dozen times with no change.
I really want to get this working as it looks amazing!

What am I doing wrong?
Any help greatly appreciated!

~S~
Von_G
Von_G
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Cant get 2.36 to run

Postby Von_G on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:13 am

It doesnt seem like this forum is getting much traffic, but in any case I have solved the problem and will note my solution in case someone else has a similar problem.

After my last post I tried a bunch of stuff with no success.
I did a full reinstall... nothing.
Then I checked a post over at the zoo where the instructions said to add the line, "ClearCache=0" to the conf.ini
On the off chance that the command was case sensitive I added replaced "clearcache=0" with "ClearCache=0", and lo and behold, it works.
Hope that helps someone.

~S~
Von G
Von_G
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Cant get 2.36 to run

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks for the feedback von_G!

You are right. Most IL-2 members have moved to http://www.Mission4Today.com That site being targeted at the IL-2 and SoW series simulators.

Sadly Aces has "retired" from supporting and developing MAT Manager quite some time ago, so the only support to be expected is from fellow MM users.

You are correct too that conf.ini is case sensitive. It also does not like leading spaces. This is common to all .ini files in Windows operating systems. If a setting is misspelled or has leading spaces it simply is not processed. This is true for section headers also. There will be no error displayed. It just gets ignored.

Anyway, I'm glad you solved the problem.

Enjoy this great utility.

MaX

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to MAT Manager