Let's develop a "Console Commands" guide.

Post here with news of articles, files, guides etc that may be of interest to Airwarfare visitors

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:27 pm

Thanks for the addition Sneaky! It could very well be helpfull to others.

Sorry for the late reply - I've been a bit busy fighting the spammers here. ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Re: Let's develop a "Console Commands" guide.

Postby itgl72 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:15 pm

I have question on the timeout.

On my dedicated server I have a script running to make a map rotation. It works but the timeout and how it rotates confuses me.

In the script that rotates I have a line that looks like this:

timeout 360000 mission_g.cmd

Does that mean its going to time out in 6 minutes? Isnt 360000 milliseconds six minutes or am I off? Does the server not rotate when people are on it? I'm just trying to understand a bit better how it automatically rotates.

I have mission_a.cmd through mission_g.cmd going in order with maps and the time out is set at 360000.

LASTLY - is there a way for me to rotate maps on the remote dedicated server while connected to it from another machine inside sim? Sort of like an RCON? I dont see a passworded way of doing so. What I have been doing is connected to my remote dedicated via laptop and running the commands from the console that way.

Sorry if noobish, Im getting slower with my age :-(
itgl72
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue May 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Welcome to Airwarfare Legacy forums itgl72!

The IL-2 community has moved to our sister site http://www.Mission4Today.com - registration is free.

I suggest asking in the forums there. There are a lot of free downloads there too. Skins, Campaigns, Missions, Utilities etc.

Now about your question; console commands are used in the normal game, although to some extend I suppose they will work in the dedicated server too. The dedicated server is unlike the game itself though, and your mentioning of scripts even moves it off more to dedicated server controllers like FBDaemon or Server Commander which both have their own commands and scripting languages.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby itgl72 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:45 pm

MaXMhZ wrote:Welcome to Airwarfare Legacy forums itgl72!

The IL-2 community has moved to our sister site http://www.Mission4Today.com - registration is free.

I suggest asking in the forums there. There are a lot of free downloads there too. Skins, Campaigns, Missions, Utilities etc.

Now about your question; console commands are used in the normal game, although to some extend I suppose they will work in the dedicated server too. The dedicated server is unlike the game itself though, and your mentioning of scripts even moves it off more to dedicated server controllers like FBDaemon or Server Commander which both have their own commands and scripting languages.

Ahh yes, M4T been there a bit.

As for FBDaemon or Server Commander, I dont know much about them right now. Other than brief passings by. I'm using the full 4.08m dedicated server I downloaded from M4T , uploaded to my dedicated windows server, and just did a quick config and start. So nothing super special there.
itgl72
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue May 13, 2008 6:00 pm

I would like to help, the problem is I don't know much about the dedicated server game, and people very rarely visit here anymore. You would have more replies and help at M4T or Ubi forums. SimHQ might also be of help, and the forums at http://www.hyperfighter.sk (hyperlobby).

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Submissions