UBI.com IL2 1946 Registry Keys

Post here with news of articles, files, guides etc that may be of interest to Airwarfare visitors

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

UBI.com IL2 1946 Registry Keys

Postby MrJolly on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:35 pm

To run IL-2 1946 within the UBI.com lobby find the following usefull...

You can either goto Windows Reg Editor & edit the Ubi.com path yourself here;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_DOGFIGHT

Or Download these switching keys - so you can quickly & easily switch between FB & 1946
www.allaircraftarcade.com/IL2_1946_UBI_Reg_Keys.rar

is it possibly you can upload these to your download section for everyone to have access ? thx
MrJolly
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:01 pm

I'll wait for EURO_Snoopy and let him decide.

I know it's meant well, and at this point it won't hurt anyone I think, but the whole idea behind using the windows registry (instead of the older .ini format files) is to keep users from altering key values. And that's exactly what is happening here. These keys are set by installing the game(s) and/or ubi.com Game Service.the Game Service will be installed by the game(s) too or alternative by going to UBI.com and clicking on "Games"and selecting "Play Online" buttons on the game you want to play. You need to use Microsoft IE with DirectX plug-in extensions enabled for this to happen.
By double-clicking the .reg files you provide you integrate (import) key values into the windows registry. values are added/changed only).

At this point in time the vast majority of players use Hyperlobby to play online and no longer use the UBI.com Game Service. Hyper has a lot more players (600+ on a normal day instead of UBI's 30 on a very good day) and equally more games

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Submissions