Just a couple of "where to" questions.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Just a couple of "where to" questions.

Postby Quasar on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:25 pm

Hello again,
I was just looking up the points scoring section in the Community Manual and I noticed that there is a Type VII Uboat. However, I can only see the Type II uboat in my game. I have downloaded all the patches, up to 4.02m (I have FB+AEP+PF). Is there a patch that I may have missed? (either in FB(there are 2 patches) AEP(also 2 patches) and PC(Ithink 3 or 4 patches) I downloaded the FB and AEP patches from the Ubi.com website and the PC ones here.
Also, is there a place that has specific tactics for specific planes. I like to fly the bf-109(which I have read is really good at climbing) but I can never catch a P47 or P51 in a gentle climb. I may just need more practice.
I am slowly getting better at fightervsfighter, but I still would get chewed up online. I still make some very newbie mistakes, like getting tunnel vision and disregarding everything but the feeding frenzy I go in when I try to make a quick kill.
thanks
Quasar
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:40 pm

The German type VIIC submarine is present in V4.04m
I don't know which patch added it though.
Try to get the 109 at about 260 kmh for the best climb/maneuvre speed :)

check out IL2 Wingman utility ROC vd TAS

It's only true at low altitude. the 109 is no high altitude fighter like the P51 ;)

Don't take 100% fuel - try 25% so you're lighter too.

Remember everything is relative :lol: there are many aspects to this game.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Quasar on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:27 pm

I still cant find the Type VII UBoat. I may need to download the patches offered here for FB and AEP. Here are the ones I have in order:
Il2 fb v1.0 to v1.22 116mb
Il2 fb v1.21 to v1.22 15.9mb
Il2 fb aep v2.01 102mb
Il2 fb aep v2.04 19.6mb
Pf v303m 100mb
Pf v401m 140mb
Pf v402m 30.3mb
Pf v403m 154mb
Pf v404 21.7
I got the PF patches here, but the fb and aep ones at Ubi's website. Should I go ahead and get the fb and aep patches from here?

Also, thanks for the info regarding flight and climbing for the bf109. I am slowly beginning to understand the idea behind retaining E in combat. If I fight my fight and at least try to keep my E equal to that of the P-51 or P-47, then my chances or lurinmg them into a turning fight greatly increases. I'm still having trouble "riding the edge" so to speak, keeping the plane from stalling and spinning. But I'm able to take on 2 Hurri's and sometimes get both. :)

Which brings me to another question. I have a pretty old joystick, the ms sidewinder precision pro, and sometimes the plane really turns to the right, though this may have to do with torque other than a joystick problem. Is torque really that great in a 109? When I fly as another plane, there really isnt as much torque. This is probably nothing.

My main question was about the patches and why I cant see the VII uboat in the view aircraft/ships/tanks section.
It makes me wonder if I am missing something else?
thanks fellows
Quasar
Corporal

Postby Mel on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:54 pm

I am pathched through 4.04m and see only the type IIB U-boat also.
Mel
Corporal

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:00 am

The Type VII UBoat is there, just not in the "object viewer" which is what I presume where you cant see it? There are a number of objects that aren't there, but if you look in the FMB (full mission builder) you will find it listed in the objects list.

As for the 109 and turning to the right, if it's only happening on that plane and not in the others it does rule out a control issue. I've gotten so used to flying the 109 and the Fw-190 that I dont even think about the natural deflections to one side or the other anymore (both only have elevator trim) but I'm think what you are seeing is normal.

In German a/c it's best to retain your E and not get into a turning fight. you should only start turning with them when you are completing in control of the situation (that means, there are no other enemy a/c around, and you have a wingman). Suggest having a read through this before playing online http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/flying_online.htm

As for on-line, well I think it's good to learn to be in control off line, but in the end you just have to go for it.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby Luckyboy1 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:43 am

If you have Pacific Fighters and you want to install over FB+AEP (you need both), you can install over v2.0, 2.01 or 2.04. Then you will need:

pf_v303m.exe (100 Mb; goes over v3.0m)
pf_v401m.exe
pf_v402m.exe
pf_403m.exe
pf_patch404m.exe (21.8MB) @ 3DGamers
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum