Just a small Question

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Just a small Question

Postby HavocDemon on Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:08 pm

I was woundering if it was possible to make custom Squadron Insiginias for my aircraft? I noticed there is a folder with all the squad pics but I noticed they all come with a file so i was woundering if it was possible to just modify and rename a file to go along with my ssquad pic or what?
HavocDemon
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Bogusheadbox on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Hi Havoc,

Yes it is possible. Our squadran (Raf23) have made our own squad logos and squads.

That way when you are online and the map allows RAF markings, but default ones only. I can now choose RAF 23rd sqaudran from the default list and it shows in game.

Also i get our little crest that pops up on the nose of the plane.

As for how to do it.......

Sorry, thats up to the skinners in our squad (i am no good in this department). But you can do it.
Bogusheadbox
Lance Air Corporal

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:52 pm

Oddly this only appears in the original IL2 sturmovik readme:

Individual paint scheme of aircraft and squadron insignia
When playing IL-2 online, you can use your own paint schemes for all the aircraft you use. These paint schemes will be observed by all the other players who are also online. Individual paint schemes are created using Void.bmp files that are placed in the directories corresponding to each aircraft.

For example, in the Paintschemes/Skins/Yak-3 directory, load the Void.bmp file into the image editor and paint it as you like. You can assign the completed BMP file with the name of your choice. Save it in Windows BITMAP 256 colors format. Copy the completed BMP file into the directory corresponding to your chosen aircraft.

If you want to create a new insignia for the squadron you are going to play for, follow the instructions below:

1. Paint the 64x64 pixel squadron’s insignia using any image editor.

2. Save it in Windows BITMAP 256 colors format.

3. Copy the completed file in the Paintschemes\Regiments directory. You can use the filename of your choice, for example, the name of your squadron.

4. Using the Windows notepad, create a text file without the .TXT extension, with a name corresponding to that of your file (squadron). You can also copy the filename from the those included in the list of existing files. Specify the country and the name of the squadron in this file. By way of example, open one of these file from our list to have a look at all the necessary information and to avoid mistakes:

country = DE (country, a standard double-letter international abbreviation) id = ZZ (identification - using 2 letters - only used for German and British bombers) gruppeNumber = 1 (a group number. Only used for German aircraft) short = JG 101 (short / abbreviated name of the squadron) info = Jagdgeschwader 101 (full name of the squadron)

From the mission briefing multiplayer menu, select Arming and choose your new paint scheme and squadron insignia before you take off. After that, you will fly with the new paint scheme on your plane; if other players have their Skin download option set to On, they will be able to enjoy observing your aircraft's new paint scheme.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum