4.05 out on the 28th April - Official ***It's up***(162meg)

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

4.05 out on the 28th April - Official ***It's up***(162meg)

Postby Willy on Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:38 am

This announcement on the Pacific Fighter homepage http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php

"Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced the release of the Pe-2 add-on for the critically acclaimed combat flight simulator. Pe-2 is the first in a series of three new content updates exclusively available for download from the ubi.com store and a selection of online retailers from April 28th for a retail price of [FR:14,99 € - UK: £9,99 - Ger: 14,95€].

The little bomber affectionately known as the “Peshka” (Pawn) is the most famous Soviet twin-engine bomber of the war. It was to the twin-engines what the IL-2 was to the single-engines. Extremely versatile, the Pe-2 served in virtually any role imaginable: dive- and level bomber, heavy fighter, night fighter, reconnaissance, and more. Over 20 different modifications were produced during the war, with a total of 11,000 built. The Peshka served from the summer of 1941 well into the Cold War, where it received a NATO reporting name “Buck”.

The add-on also includes the following key features:
Missions (95 Campaign Missions, 5 Single Missions, 5 Multi-Player Cooperative Missions)
New Flyable Aircrafts
New Ground Vehicles and Objects"
Last edited by Willy on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willy
Pilot Officer

Postby Willy on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:17 am

It's up for pre-order as of 1200 today, then download at 1400 (CET I think...)

here's a link http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?ca ... =386&id=97

I pre-ordered it, for all of an hour and a half wait :roll: , but the thing I really don't like about this before I even try it, is; 1st link they give you is for some ubisoftware, called "BoontyBox" that runs through your whole machine "looking" for things...then it hooks you up to the proper file download, which as I type is not yet available...(35 min to go) To unlock your file you will then have to enter the huge long number they gave you on the page that gave you the link to the sneaky software...be sure to write this large alpha numeric down as the page vanishes after you hit the download link.

Joys of buying stuff online... :roll:

Edit; OK it turned 1400 and still no show....so after messing with the "BoontyBox" thing for a bit, I thought of checking my email....voila, an email from ubi with a link to download...still got 15mins to go, will post pics shortly :D
Willy
Pilot Officer

Postby Willy on Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:23 pm

So, it's now shortly....the silence here is defening, but here are the pics anyway...

We've all seen the aircraft, so here's afew of the ground objects in 4.05;

The Germans get some pretty cool halftracks, the smaller one with the soft top I particularly like, and a few new flak guns. The all new to IL2 37mm and re-makes of the 20mm and 88mm. The Hertzer, may well have come from an earlier patch...can't remember (could be on hire :wink: ).

and the Soviets get some 1920's or 30's stlye trucks in various guises including a bus...most essential :D and like their German enemies, a heap of new or re-done ack-ack. All very cool.

Other than that, and a few turns in the new aircraft, which are great :D , I was quite impressed with what I've seen of the Pe-2 static campaign, if the video at the start is anything to go by (as far as I've got) then the rest should be good.

Only real grouch I have for this one is that the "feature", (from 4.03 or 4.04) which renders Hellcat's, Corsairs (with 6x50's) and P-40's (I've recently noticed) unable to shoot straight, has not be re-dressed :? which is a bummer.
Willy
Pilot Officer

New Vehicles

Postby flumpet on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:31 pm

I have downloaded this add on and at the loading screen where you get the picture of Pacific Fighters and Ace Expansion the new logo for the add on appears.
However when i go and look at the vehicles within the game i do not seem to have any of the new ones appearing.
Has something gone wrong?.
flumpet
Corporal

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum