How do I replay online missions?

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

How do I replay online missions?

Postby StickN on Fri May 12, 2006 7:14 am

ref the IL-2 FAQ...

"Where do I put downloaded missions in order to play them?
Into the 'Forgotten Battles/Missions/Single' folder if it's a single mission. Into the 'Forgotten Battles/Missions/Net/coop' folder for coop missions and into 'Forgotten Battles/Missions/Net/coop' for dogfight missions.

Missions you played online will be saved in 'Il2 Sturmovik/Missions/Net/cache' and you can reuse them if you like."

I can locate this files, but how can I refly or load them in to the mission builder???

StickN
StickN
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby T_O_A_D on Sun May 14, 2006 7:03 pm

Well for one, you can't do that anymore in the later versions of this game.

Tell us your version so we can determine if it is even doable for you.

Off top my head I don't recall the version that took this feature away from us.

If you have the correct version, to do so. Then place your cache of the mision into the folder that correctly reflecs the misson, (IE coop,dogfight)

Then rename it to what you like. Then turn on game and go into FMB and open the file to see if and what you want to tweak.

Oh create a folder into one of those parnet folders first. (IE downloaded missions) to drop your cashe missions in.

Then go and host yourself an online game, and join into the fun. You don't need internet to fly an Online mission on your machine either.
See Ya in the Sky's !!!!!!
My real AT-6 Flight
I.O.C.L
T_O_A_D
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun May 14, 2006 8:20 pm

I'm not a 100% certain, but IIRC snatching missions from the internet cache was only possible in IL-2 Sturmovik (not FB and beyond). from FB on the missions in the caxhe are encrypted.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Bogusheadbox on Wed May 24, 2006 1:13 pm

The best way to do it is bind a button to record in the "key bind page".

Then before you take off, press record. After the mission you can replay to your hearts content.
Bogusheadbox
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed May 24, 2006 1:23 pm

Bogusheadbox wrote:The best way to do it is bind a button to record in the "key bind page".

Then before you take off, press record. After the mission you can replay to your hearts content.

This will let you record a nettrack that can be replayed later(much like a video recording). It will not let you re-fly the mission you played online ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum