clouds

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

clouds

Postby Quasar on Wed May 31, 2006 10:25 pm

Hey again,
I was looking at the Southern Cross website, and noticed that, if that is a real screen shot of Il2, the clouds are spectactular.
I have also seen on the screen shots in my manual(the P.F. one) there seem to be different clouds that the one's I'm seeing. I am using the standard ones and haven't changed anything "under the hood," so to speak.
Is there a download or anthing that I can do inorder to change the clouds? I am not complaining at all, the clouds I have right now are marvelous in their own right. I just thought there may be something out there that would enhance the already great in-game views.
thank you
PS. for those at Southern Cross. I posted a question concerning this at your website's forum, so you dont need to reply to that one if you read this one first.
vielen dank!
Quasar
Corporal

Postby 100th_Alien on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:48 am

There is a clouds setting in the game, maybe you have it on regular, turn it up to the highest.
"The four elements: earth, air, water, and fire. Of these, I call your attention to two: air and fire. As pilots we live in the air, but we die by fire."
100th_Alien
Flight Sergeant

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:57 am

S! Quasar,

Rubes has replied to your question at the site, but for eveyone elses benefit the image is a composite of IL2 and real clouds (photo).

As Alien has said though, theres a setting within the conf.ini file that you can set to show the "new" type of clouds (TypeClouds=1): example below:

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.66875
mapPadY=-0.044791665
viewSet=48
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=1
ClearCache=0
3dgunners=0
TypeClouds=1
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby 100th_Alien on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:12 pm

What does the "High Gore" do?
"The four elements: earth, air, water, and fire. Of these, I call your attention to two: air and fire. As pilots we live in the air, but we die by fire."
100th_Alien
Flight Sergeant

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:42 pm

High gore if I remember correctly no longer works, it was something along the lines of the pilot (or crew members) being shown to be dead (from external view).
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby 100th_Alien on Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:02 pm

Here are some more detailed pics for you to use as a reference guide.

]Image

on the "IN Game" here are the order of clicks.
1. Hardware Setup
2. Video Option
3. Custom

100th_Alien
Flight Sergeant

Postby Quasar on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:46 pm

S!
many thanks again for all of the help and info. especially the pics.
see you in the virtual skies
Quasar
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Hi Gore only works for IL-2 Sturmovik (The first game).
It showed blood on the pilot if you shot him, and some boardgunners hung from their positions when killed. It wasn't all that spectacular. It disappeared together with the historical markings I assume because of German politicians being on a crusade against video games at the time - rgey tightened German law considerable after games like wolfenstein and carmagwddon were published. They must have realy liked pixels if you ask me ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum