Multiplayer dynamic campaigns

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Multiplayer dynamic campaigns

Postby Linxysnacks on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:06 pm

So I'm really quite new to this game, but I've fallen in love with it. I've also convinced 3 other friends to join in and buy FB, AE, and PF.

We've been playing some multiplayer and I think we enjoy the dynamic multiplayer campaigns the best as we really enjoy the coop thing and the way the maps change based on your actions is very interesting.

I'm curious if there aren't any other dynamic multiplayer campaigns though, as we're getting a little bored of the Russian front and only being able to fly a very limited selection of Russian and German planes. We're all really wanting some British, American, and Japanese stuff, but the only dynamic multiplayer campaigns for PF that they have are basically one mission repeated over and over again. As for British missions (i.e. western Europe or North Africa) there's nothing at all.

Now I've downloaded a few of the coop campaigns and they're okay for the most part but we've really just enjoyed the dynamic stuff a little more.

Where can I go to get more "host choice" campaigns or whatnot?

I'm quite surprised there's not a "quick mission" type setup for multiplayer allowing us a lot more variety. Then again... maybe there is and I'm too newb to know it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Linxysnacks
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Willy on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:15 pm

Hi and welcome to Airwarfare forum :D

Ngen the standard co-op dynamic campaign generator has always lacked solid development, however I know of two very good third party options available that are contantly being developed and updated.

The DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator) by Paul Lowengrin is suitable for co-op and single player dynamic campaign generatation and can even works for online dogfights!
It has many features and I find it quite simple and intuitive to use. If you're looking for a "do it all" dynamic capmaign generator DCG can be found here http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php

The second one is Scorched Earth aka., SEOW (Scorched Earth Online War) This is a complex, but complete co-op dynamic campaign generator.
Although SEOW is purely dedicated to co-op, the biggest difference between it and DCG is that it uses human commanders for opposeing sides. Once set up commanders log on to a website and plan missions for their air, land or sea forces. This in turn is automaticaly compiled into a co-op mission which is then hosted. After the battle all info is automaticaly set into the online mission builder and round it goes....like I said complicated (at first sight) but complete.

I've flown in co-ops with a squad in an SEOW campaign and can say that the added immersion is really worth the extra required effort. SEOW can be found here http://seow.sourceforge.net/
Willy
Pilot Officer

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum