Radiator Management

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Radiator Management

Postby ianprice on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:29 pm

Hallo

I'm a relative newbie,and while I think realistic engine management is the last thing I should be trying to do at the moment (still too busy not stalling/getting shot down), I am interested in starting to learn about it. However, I seem to have hit a snag. I feel pretty dumb even asking the question because I'm sure I've missed the point. Nonetheless, here goes: I can find no mention of controls for radiator settings! I've looked in the controls 'section' within the game itself and at the Control Keys Reference which came with AEP - I have PF now as well. But there is NO sign of radiator settings - is there? I've got Boost, Power, Prop Pitch, Mixture, Magneto and Supercharger - but no Radiator! (I've also looked on various web sites, guides and FAQs.)

Can someone complete my embarrassment and tell me what I'm missing?!

Many thanks
ianprice
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:55 pm

Welcome to Airwarfare.
GOOD QUESTION!

It's one of several naming convention mixup/mistakes in the IL-2 series.
The control you are looking for is called

"Cowl/Armor Flaps"

You can find it under the red "Aircraft Controls" header.
There is one key/button to define it - it will cycle through the settings once you apply it in-game. How many positions there are depends on the plane.

Hope this helps

S! MaX

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby ianprice on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:28 pm

MaX

Many thanks - I have actually bound a key to that (I think), but never really understood what it was for! Mystery solved and I don't feel the complete prat I thought I might!

Cheers
ianprice
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum