Oh darn... I'm liking the jets!

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Oh darn... I'm liking the jets!

Postby CrazySchmidt on Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:53 am

I now have the 1946 release on my PC after having received it from my kids as an Xmas gift.

I was sure I wouldn't..., but I have to admit to liking the new jets :roll: Shit how did that happen... :roll: I am a sworn prop guy and I didn't see it coming.

Damn you Oleg and Ilya, you would have to introduce something like this to a sim that just can't be ignored. Oh well, might as well get on with enjoying I suppose. :mrgreen:

It's now 9:00pm, the kids are in bed and the beer is cold, so my friends , I'm going to do some drinking and exploring of this wonderful new release.

:partyman:

BTW no problems with install or running at all from from my RW DVD drive.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:07 am

Good to hear CS!
Here's to the new jet age! :smt030
Happy Holidays to you and you family - Great kids :smt023

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:55 pm

I have to confess that I too spent more time on the new jets last night after I loaded the new "1946", than I did the prop planes. :oops:

btw, the game loaded just fine with my dvd-rw drive. I have en't checked any performance indicators (fps) but it ran without a stutter or pause last night. I'm looking forward to some new missions with the new maps and planes. That Ki-27 is a hoot to fly!!
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:20 pm

Good to head that you're enjoying the new a/c. The jets really teach you to keep your energy (for us Luft boys that's the way it has to be anyhow).

Now the Lerch, even though it's not real, it's a challenge to get it down on the ground quickly, and where you want it.

Enjoy guys, and have a safe New Year.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:38 pm

I ordered Sturmovik '46 yesterday and I can't wait and I found out that NWS has a retail store in Talequah, Oklahoma and I live in enid, oklahoma wich is about 140 miles to the west. :partyman: I hoping it will get here faster than my yet to come ATI graphics card from pcuniverse.com i ordered that thing 2 weeks ago. :smt093
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:19 am

Good News IL-2 Ace!
Sometimes online orders can take a while when the object is not in stock.
I'm waiting for a Lian Li HD mobile frame now for some 8 weeks.
Most of the time I receive my ordered goods within 24 hours.
That's the benefit of living in a small country with superb infrastructure :)

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:03 pm

Knowing USPS the Game will probobly get here on a Friday or Saturday. They might be having some trouble getting the card out of Boca Raton, Floridia because of the cazy weather they have had and also the crap they had in Colorado.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Very probable indeed. I'm glad we only have rain over here! Some horendous weather in the US - it was on the news over here.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:21 pm

The weather is crazy. Tornado warnings in Floridia, Blizzards in Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, and the Oklahoma and Texas panhandles. A few weeks ago my school transformer got struck by lightning and it caught on fire. And too much rain in the northwest.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby markovic ivica on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Well, I am little disapointed in jets, even before 1946. I always tought that Me262 should be faster, but his acceleration is poor, turning and climbing bleeds too much energy, and unless it is flown strait, Fw190, La7 and P51 can catch it. Salamander is somehow better.
After i tried Arado in 1946, i didnt make in it over 430km/h under the 1000m, which is good for bomber, but bad for fighter, and terrible for jet. Mig jet doesnt need an enemy, just avoid it for 10 min, and it will burn allone. But the Ta 183 is better.
That is my opinion.
I am in love in fw190
markovic ivica
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:20 am

That's how it really flies. The ME262s had several performace and designs problems. It was a poor at turning and had bad acceleration at low altitudes. Once the Allied pilots found out the 262's weaknesses the planes started to get shot down alot faster.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum