Question on 4.08

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Question on 4.08

Postby Mr_G on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:59 pm

Just picked up the 1946 DVD, and was wondering if anyone was planning to "break up" the 4.08 download into "Dial Up" sized Winrar files. The winrar files allowed me to move my FB + PF's all the way up to 4.04m. The 4.08 download looks a little too large for me to take on with dial up.
Besides that, 4.07 is quite nice. I enjoy the Ki-27, and like most people wish the A5M was flyable. (maybe 4.09?)
Thanks.
Flying keeps me sane.
Mr_G
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:45 pm

Yep - it's big. But you do have some options...
d/l Download Accelerator 8.5 Free edition here It will enable you to keep connected to the download site (http://www.Gamershell.com works best for me - search '4.08m') and it will enable you to stop/resume the download at your leisure.
make sure you select the BIG (144.78MB) download for the game and not the smaller one for the dedicated server.

Another option is to download it at a public library and burn it to disk there.
PC Pilot magazine might also have it on their acompanying CD in the near future - they've done it before for big patches...

If none of these options work for you, I could burn it to a CD and send it to you by snail-mail. In that case PM or email the address to send it to to me by clicking the buttons below. It would take about a week to arrive though.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum