To enable swastikas on German aircraft

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

To enable swastikas on German aircraft

Postby jetmechanic on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:22 pm

I downloaded the file from this website to enable the swastika on the german aircraft adn I am trying to install it. and having problem of course. It tells me to 1. Q: I double-click the program but nothing happens.
A: The program couldn't find "il2.exe" in the local directory. Make
sure il2hk.exe is in the same folder as "il2.exe" (the root IL2
directory).
I am not sure were this il2.exe is at. can someone help me?

Thanks
Scott
jetmechanic
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby jetmechanic on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:27 pm

Yeah nevermind... I got it working. I was looking to find the swastika program to run.
jetmechanic
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby jetmechanic on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Yeah I thought It was working but not anymore. I don't see why i am haveing so many problems o get this thing working
jetmechanic
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:21 pm

- What game and version are you trying this on.

Remember you will get better help and replies if you are specific about the problem(s) you have. If people need to guess about what is going on, it won't help you much I'm afraid.

The utilities to display historical markings are all several years old. As such they are developed for older versions of the game. Trying to use them with IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 (4.07m) may not work because of several reasons:

1. The directory the game is saved in has been changed. Take a very close look if you needed to spell UbiSoft or Ubi<space>Soft
2. The name of the game execution file has changed. il-2.exe, il2fb.exe, pf.exe
If you don't have il2.exe but need one and do have either il2fb.exe or pf.exe try copying il2fb.exe or pf.exe to a temporary folder, rename it there to il2.exe and copy it back to the game directory. Then retry.

IL-2hk was one of the first historical markings utilities - it will probably only work with thw IL-2 Sturmovik Original (1 CD) game, I'm not sure here - check hk's documentation. Remember ÍL-2 Sturmovik is not IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 (1DVD game)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:48 pm

OK - I installed it myself and did get it to work with 1946...
I could not find a download on Airwarfare or mission4today, but did find one on tripod.com after a google search.

Make sure you extract everything contained in the zip into the main game directory (default: c:/Program Files/Ubisoft/IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/

open windows explorer and browse to the game directory.

Check there is a directory there called 'hakencross' containing files called 0.hc through 4.hc

browse back to the game directory

tight click on il2fb.exe, select Copy
Select 'Edit' from the menu, then Paste
there will now be a file 'copy of il2fb.exe'
right-click this file and select 'Rename'
rename it to 'il2.exe'

Then right click on conf.ini; select 'Open with...' and then select Notepad and open the conf.ini file.

find the '[game]' header and check you have the folloing line in the '[game]'section (case sensitive, and do not use any leading spaces!):

Code: Select all
ClearCache=1

If it is not there, add it.

save the conf.ini file - do not use save as... because notepad will add a .txt extension and you don't want that.

From now on start il2 Sturmovik through il2hk.exe to see historical German and Finnish markings. (To make a shortcut to it on the desktop, rightclick il-2hk.exe, drag it to the desktop, release it and select 'Make shortcut here'
When you start the game select view objects - Aircraft - axis side and select an axis airplane; select view object, and historical markings should show. The B239 should now show historical Finnish markings too.

Hope this helps.

MaX

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum