Postby TAGERT on Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:05 pm

IN GAME Fw-190A0-8 TEST CONFIGURATION:
MAP: Crimea
WEATHER: Clear
TIME: 12:00PM
FUEL: 100%
WEAPON LOAD OUT: DEFAULT
RAD: START at 2 and adj as needed
POWER: 110% THROTTLE for ~1min past over heat msg, cut to 103% till msg goes away than back to 110%

ROC TEST METHOD:
The ground start method begins at a stop on the runway with the brakes on. The time to climb (TTC) stats when the brakes are released. The pilot completes a normal takeoff with rapid gear and flap retraction. The airplane is allowed to accelerate at low altitude to a speed somewhat below the speed for best climb speed (BCS). The pilot then performs a fairly abrupt pull-up and attempts to stabilize on the BCS schedule at the lowest practical altitude. Once stabilized on the climb schedule the pilot will adjust speed as the airplane climbs so that the schedule of best-climb speed is maintained as the altitude increases. The check climb ends when the rate of climb drops below 100 feet per minute or when a pre-established maximum altitude has been reached. Depending on the plane type, the time it takes from brakes released to lift off vary from about 20 to 40sec for a fighter. For graphing purposes, and to give the in game plane the best chance of meeting it's TTC values I removed the time between the brakes released and lift off (i.e. ROC > 0). This can cause a shift in the TTC times at alt by about 20 to 30sec.

RESULTS

Here is the summary table

Here is a comparison of IL2 to the real world ROC data

SUMMARY
Rarely do we get such detailed real world data as we do with this Fw-190A-8 test provided by Faustnik from CWOS! So this analysis has a few more references to real world data than you will find in other analysis I have done.

As you can see in the graphs the in-game Fw-190A-8 has a slightly better ROC at mid altitudes around 4,000ft. Otherwise this is one of the best fitting ROC charts I have seen.

Here is a link to the full analysis
Fw-190A-8 110% with WEP

Here is a link to the track file
Track File
TAGERT
Flight Sergeant

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum