Problem using Singapore1 Map

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Problem using Singapore1 Map

Postby Kamikaze1111 on Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:17 pm

Just stumbled onto this problem the other night. Am hoping I'm not the only one <grin>, so I'll put down what I've done and if a couple of ya can try it please post if you too get an error.

Basically I loaded up the "RED - Buffaloe VS Zero" mission in the "pf_upgrd0013/Singapore1" directory. This mission generates fine and you can tweak the two flights as you wish. However, my squad wanted to add an additional flight of zeros. So if you go to the BLUE squad slot 2 and duplicate the settings for the A6M2-21s and just add 3 to keep it simple (I've found it doesnt seem to matter). Try generating the mission.

I get an "error when writing some of the ground objects" every time. I've tried different plane slots for both RED and BLUE and it happens every time. IF I change the map . . . . . . . it works fine! I used Okinawa.

As I requested, if this is happening to you too . . . please post so I know I'm not the only one. I sent an email to UBERDEMON via the addy that is listed in the error message but no reply as yet. I just found this forum so I figured I'd post here too.

L8R
Kamikaze
Kamikaze1111
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby UberDemon on Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:19 am

I have noticed that too... and it is only with that mission. I found that if you load any other mission and then after that load that mission, then save it under a different name, it works OK. I think it has to do with the Ground Object editor... but I am still just not finding where the issue is... and why it is only if you load that mission... hm...

Sorry for that problem.

D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)