Uberquick...I need your help!!!!

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Uberquick...I need your help!!!!

Postby Desslok on Tue May 30, 2006 4:05 am

First of all, I just want to say what an amazing program this is...it really adds alot to this sim! For some reason though, whenever I try to change any of the settings in Object Manager from the default values, the editor locks up and stops responding. This happens whether I try to match objects by year or mission planes, or if I try to manually change values in Static Aircraft. It won't let me change the year either, so I am stuck with 1939 objects....arghh! If anyone knows how I might fix this I would be very grateful. I am using a newly installed 5.0.44 version to go with Peshka 4.05m.

Also, I sometimes get the error message "frmGround->cmdMatch"

Please help!!
Desslok
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby UberDemon on Tue May 30, 2006 5:52 am

I am assuming you are using Win XP and not Win98/Me, correct?

Could you repeat all the steps that are causing the error, and then post them here? I'll follow your steps and see if I can re-create the error.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby Desslok on Tue May 30, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Uber, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I am using XP Pro SP2. Basically, the errors simply arise anytime I attempt to input my own values by using "Definine Custom Paramaters Above" in Ground Editors, or check either of the "Try to match..." boxes. The crash will happen if I change the year as well. I've noticed that when running Windows Task Manager during mission building, it is normal after hitting Create Mission Now, for it to say the program is not responding for a few seconds, then the mission(using default ground objects) will be genereted successfully....but when I generate a mission after using Ground Editor I get 2 not responding at the same time, and the mission doesn't get generated. I've let it alone for more than 5 mins just to make sure with no results. I don't know if that will help you or not...just something I've noticed.

Thanks for looking into this, I appreciate it!
Desslok
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby UberDemon on Wed May 31, 2006 4:52 am

You found an error in my scripting code. I have fixed it based on your inputs. Please re-download and install Upgrade 0015 and the problem you have been having will be corected.

Thank you for using UQMG.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby Desslok on Wed May 31, 2006 5:20 pm

Works great now, thanks alot for fixing this so quickly...you truly are the Grandest Moff of them all!
Desslok
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby UberDemon on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:43 pm

Desslok wrote:Works great now, thanks alot for fixing this so quickly...you truly are the Grandest Moff of them all!

I bet you could smell my "foul stench" a mile away... :lol:
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby Desslok on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:42 pm

Nah...all I cold smell were those Starburst candies you keep glued to your chest :wink:
Desslok
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby UberDemon on Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:21 am

... better than that Purina sign that the Rebel Generals wore...
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby Desslok on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:10 pm

ROTFL :!:
Desslok
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)