Theatre Of War

Details of the latest Sim releases for console or PC.

Moderator: MudPuppy

Would you be interested in a new Ground Warfare based website?

Yes
66%
No
16%
Don't care
16%

Total votes : 6

Theatre Of War

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:04 am

Press information for immediate release
27 July 2006

1C and Battlefront.com announce
Theatre of War!

What happens when the creators of the award-winning IL-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters flight sim series meet with the makers of the award-winning ground combat simulation Combat Mission? That's right - it means WAR!

1C and Battlefront.com are thrilled to announce Theatre of War, the new groundbreaking World War Two real-time strategy game! Theatre of War depicts stunningly authentic battles of World War II between 1939-1945. Command hundreds of different unit types in 5 historically accurate campaigns (US, UK, Soviet, German, French and Polish). This isn't just another WW2 RTS click-fest, but a thrilling Real Time Combat Simulator with an emphasis firmly entrenched on realism and detail, historical accuracy, and real world military tactics that will challenge even the most battle hardened armchair general! When the two teams that brought you the most successful and highly regarded combat simulations of the last decade come together, you can expect only the BEST! It's time to enter the Theatre of War!

Theatre of War has been named by countless gaming magazines as one of the "Most anticipated game titles for 2006".

Theatre of War is currently in beta stage and is scheduled for a release by http://www.battlefront.com as digital download and mail delivery at the end of 2006.

Theatre of War - GAME FEATURES

Real Time Combat Simulation - Realistic shell ballistics, armor penetration calculations and damage effects coupled with destructible environments, trenches, fortifications and individually tracked weapons, equipment, ammo and vehicles
5 Historical Campaigns, each with unique units and equipment - US, UK, Soviet, German, French and Polish
Over 40 historically accurate campaign missions based on real WWII battles
Over 30 different maps designed using historical military documents and covering a variety of seasons, weather conditions and environments
5 Single (non-campaign) Battles plus 3 Training scenarios
Unique Role Playing Elements: soldiers gain experience and new skills as they progress though the campaigns
Soldiers can be Promoted and awarded Medals and Decorations
Real World Military Tactics: Units fight using authentic tactical formations, realistic battle drills and operating procedures specific to their nationality
Amazing Freedom of Action: Replace and reinforce gun crews, pick up dropped weapons, capture enemy equipment and even select specific weapons and ammo to use
Advanced Individual Unit AI: Units intelligently react to changing battle situations and conditions. They will take cover, avoid obstacles and seek to gain the upper hand against their enemies
Huge assortment of units, uniforms, equipment and vehicles: hundreds of different unit types including Tanks, AT Guns, Support Vehicles, Armored Cars, MG Teams, Anti-Tank Rifles, Aircraft, Artillery, Infantry and more from the major nations of WWII; all based on historical military sources
Dynamic Battlefields; Wage war in all four seasons over beautifully rendered landscapes. Watch as trees get knocked over by tanks, vehicles crush men and equipment under their treads, tracers stitch across no mans land and high explosive shells leave huge smoking craters
Devastating Airstrikes and Artillery Barrages
State of the art 3D character animation and graphics
Easy to use order system. Command your troops quickly and efficiently and keep tabs on their individual status with the innovate soldier monitor system
Multiplay Support (Internet/LAN)
For more information about the game, please bookmark:
http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/index.html

Official Theatre of War discussion forum (meet the developers!) open at:
http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=63

STATEMENTS

Martin van Balkom, Battlefront.com president: Over the years many game developers claimed to have in the works a game which will challenge Combat Mission as the most realistic WW2 ground combat simulator. All such claims usually disappeared right after release. With one exception. When 1C, the makers of the IL-2 Sturmovik series, one of the most realistic and most successful combat flight simulators of the past years, announced the making of their WW2RTS title, the gaming community - and us included - knew that this wouldn't be just another clickfest RTS game with (in most but not all cases) pretty graphics. When we got the chance to check out a beta of the game after its long history of development, we immediately realized that it has the same magic which always separated Combat Mission from the rest of the pack. Theatre of War is no mere arcade game with a WW2 background, but a real-time military simulation of the biggest war of the century, and with its top-notch graphics and animations and detailed and realistic combat environment, is truly the only worthy successor to the Combat Mission series we've ever seen. In cooperation with 1C, Battlefront is determined to add our own experience to the remaining development path, and to give the wargaming community the WW2 RTS game they have been waiting for for years.

Nikolay Baryshnikov, International Sales Director, 1C Company: Theatre of War is a very important project for us. I believe it has all the potential to become the new benchmark in the genre and the new Holy Grail for all the lovers of Combat Mission and Close Combat series. Just like with the original IL-2 Sturmovik we have spent many years developing the game, constantly enhancing every single element, every feature, until we were completely satisfied with the result. We put all resources and passion we had behind this game. And I am very happy that we have finally managed to find a partner that is as excited in the game as we are. I think that our friends at Battlefront.com are not only skilled professionals but real enthusiasts. We share the same principle - making games is art and passion first and business second. I'm sure that together we will be able to obtain good results and make Theatre of War one of the most popular wargames ever.

COMPANY BACKGROUND INFORMATION

About Battlefront.com

Battlefront.com is an independent, internet-based publisher and developer of superior war and strategy games, and one of the world's largest and fastest growing war and strategy gaming fan communities. Battlefront's titles include the award-winning 3D tactical WWII combat simulation series Combat Mission, the innovative air combat strategy game Down in Flames, the grand strategy classic Strategic Command, as well as the famous TacOps 4 modern combat simulation, a commercial version of the official tactical training tool used by the U.S. Army. New games this year include the tank combat simulation T72: Balkans on Fire!, the "realistic" Sci-Fi tactical game DropTeam, the innovative wargame For Liberty! about the American Revolutionary War, and THE ultimate Napoleonic's wargame HistWar:Les Grognards.

Find out more at http://www.battlefront.com

About 1C Company

1C Company specializes in distribution, publishing and development of interactive entertainment products and business software. Founded in 1991, 1C has become the leading publisher and distributor of computer games in Eastern and Central Europe. 1C Company is widely acknowledged as a game developer and has several internal studios. Internal developments of 1C include IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters. 1C Company works as a publisher and producer with over 30 independent development studios and has produced over 100 projects for PC and consoles.

For more information about 1C Company, please visit: http://int.games.1c.ru
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:08 am

This looks very interesting and I am considering launching a Ground War based sim site which will initially cover TOW and then if popular will expand to include other sims.

It will be a dragonfly website, like M4T and admin will be shared with the community. It will be an independant site run by and for the community.

Interested? Please vote in the poll.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:21 pm

Whee! I'm the first vote!

The screenshots from the battlefront.com site are impressive. This could be the final nudge for me to upgrade my video card. 8)

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby Miamieagle on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 pm

just read the article about the real time World war two base real time simulator game by BATTLE FRONT. All I can say is that its a shame that they did not included the Pacific Theater. It seems to me there are already to many World war two European Theater base game at this time. I was hoping that it included that Pacific Theater as well, as that would really make it a World war two base game. What makes World war two facinating to me its it diversity and the particapation of whole human race in the drama. Not just one Theater of war or the particapation of one part of humanity.

I yet to see a real time game that really included the whole war and not one part of it. I hope one day developers would realize this and make a real World war two real time simulator in the future. I will be the first one to buy one and I"m sure I will not be the only one.

They will simply make more money and we will have a more intersting real time simulator.

I really like your website. Its one of the best in the Hooby.

Miamieagle
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Here is a funny video made with Theater of War.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyCbwNqT98o
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Return to Latest Sim Releases