Problem configuring latest upgrade

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Postby rlrimell on Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 pm

Hello Uberdemon,

Been enjoying your version 32,have gone thru the whole tutorial,played some of your great missions and one or two of my own.Great fun.Have since tried loading the .44 upgrade for iL 46 and just can't seem to get it configured.I follow all the steps in the read-me and all I get is a message;;
c:\program Files\uberquickPF\ini\current version\ini was not found,or file data iscorrupt.This application may terminate

...and it does-every time.I am obviously doing something wrong as a newbie,but what? Can anyone of you experten out there help me upgrade this wonderful mission builder? Many thanks..
rlrimell
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:51 am

The original install you have... was it actually the one that is currently at my site? The upgrade must be installed over a working version of that installation... which was the last main installation I created if you used an earlier install than the one that is there, things will not work... (install should be uqmg4pf0000.zip dated 6 february of 2005, and is 23.2MB)

I say that because before I release any versions, I test it on my installation version in my pc's... and everything is working...

The content of the file "currentversion.ini" should be the text "fb100" minus the quotes... but if you did not install it over that installation, that will not make a difference and you will eventually run into problems.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby rlrimell on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:31 am

Thanks for coming back so quickly Uberdemon.
Yes, I have the correct version dated Feb 6,vers as you describe.I downloaded it a few weeks ago.
Maybe I should type in a more specific path to zip the download into?
Thanks for your help -and for all your hard work,
rlrimell
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:57 am

best thing is to download and unzip install in a short path... like "c:\temp" then install from there.

now install and run... then generate a mission, then exit, then install upgrade as instructed. remember to place upgrade where you installed uqmg, which is most likely c:\program files\uberquickpf

now unzip there (right click on zip file and select extract to here...)

hopefully that works.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby rlrimell on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:57 am

Thank you Uberdemon. I followed your brief to the letter and this time it went straight in without a hitch.I need to practice my filing !!!Have already flown a couple of the great new missions and am much obliged to you for getting me up and running.Thanks again,
Ray.
rlrimell
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:15 am

awesome, glad to help, and glad you enjoy it.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)